When it comes to building successful web and mobile apps, SolutionBuilt has an uncompromising focus on Usability, User Experience Design and Quality Assurance. The goal is to create a mobile app that is designed and developed to work brilliantly for our customers business and their end-users. We take the time to truly understand your needs, the use cases of the app, and we help you design your app in our Solution Design process. Our process has worked for years and has yielded a perfect success rate for startups to large enterprise customers.
The key to building a successful app is to properly architect, design and budget for the app in the Solution Design phase. The result is well designed app that is technically sound on-time and on budget.
While Solution Design isn’t free of charge, it delivers a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), as well as an increased end-user satisfaction level. It is also very important process as it allows you to get valuable feedback and approvals from your project stakeholders.
The consultation is a whiteboard session in which we take your requirements and build an App Map to get an idea of the total number of pages and technical requirements. After this session we can give you a fixed fee cost for Solution Design and a guesstimate range of your app development cost.
A unique, time tested and proven process is critical when designing your companies web and mobile technology.
Within the Solution Design phase, our team takes the time to understand your needs, recommends improvements, researches and architects app solutions.
- Project Kickoff: During this phase, we kickoff Solution Design with a whiteboard session.
- Requirements Documentation: The requirements documentation will outline the scope of the project and each module and/or feature for the app. Our team translates your app ideas into solutions for your web application, database, web services and iOS and/or Android app. We deliver app maps, use-cases, process flows and requirements documents.
- App Design: We then design each page per the requirements documentation of your app to insure it meets your, and more importantly the users needs for each use-case.
- App Prototypes: We can create an optional app prototype to run on your mobile device. The prototypes are very helpful for your investors, stakeholders and can also be used in focus groups to test your app idea before we finalize the apps design and requirements.
- App Project Plan: Once the Solution Design phase is complete we create a project plan with hybrid and native app frameworks with a fixed cost guarantee. You can share this to get a comparable quotes and/or approve the project plan before going into the following phases.
Next, the magic happens and we move into the programming and coding phase. During this development phase, our team builds your app or web application based on the deliverables from Solution Design.
During this phase, your app or website will progress through a 3-stage developmental life cycle:
- Alpha Phase: This initial stage focuses on the core functionality of your app or website.
- Beta Phase: Next, your app undergoes light testing and additional bug fixing. During this stage, the development is complete and any issues are addressed internally before sending you a build.
- Release Phase: After the bugs are resolved, your app or website is ready for publishing.
Throughout this web and mobile app development process, we integrate quality assurance for each release to ensure all requirements are met. Additionally, QA accounts can account for 20+% of the project plan depending on project complexity.
Our QA testing is completed before sending each build in our mobility lab on various mobile devices and OS versions prior to client review and publishing.
The main stages of this phase include:
- Usability Testing
- Operational Testing
- User Feedback
- Acceptance Testing
- In-depth Performance Testing
- Regression Testing
- Security Testing
After the QA process is complete and you approve the build we publish your site from our dev environments to the live environment and/or App Stores.
SolutionBuilt offers website and mobile app maintenance to ensure your app stays up-to-date and secure. When an issue is critical in nature, we perform app maintenance updates immediately.
Most web and mobile projects require ongoing maintenance which allows for regular testing, updates and upgrades which helps with user acceptance.
This phase includes:
- OS Updates
- Framework Updates
- Device Updates
- Security Updates
- Module Testing
- Ongoing Maintenance
- Device Updates