Technology has dramatically improved the healthcare industry.
Within the past decade, modern technologies— like healthcare mobile apps and real time platforms— have continued to solve challenges in the healthcare industry. For example, some mHealth technologies have created effective solutions for patient-to-doctor communication, data management, electronic medical records (EMR), patient monitoring, medication adherence, and scheduling.
The connection between patients and their medical providers has never been quicker. In addition, real time health platforms have made medical care much more efficient. Healthcare mobile apps deliver a personal connection and ease of data/information flow. They’re changing the way we seek healthcare and medical attention.
What Are The 2019 Trends For Healthcare Mobile Apps?
In 2019, expect some serious trends from the mobile healthcare industry. Healthcare mobile apps are on the rise. Patient care is becoming increasingly digital, making healthcare mobile apps more important than ever before. Planning for your patients’ and organizations’ needs is crucial in the development of successful medical mobile applications.
Check Out These Interesting mHealth Stats:
- 71% of patients claimed that they feel more comfortable in selecting a medical professional that uses a mobile healthcare app.
- 65% of patients stated that a practice that maintains a stronghold on their data was more important than convenience in accessing test results.
- 70% of patients are highly comfortable having a conversation with their medical provider over email, text, or video chat.
- 71% of medical providers and physicians have implemented a completely Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- Over 80% of consumers proclaimed that wearable technology is making a huge difference in bringing convenience to healthcare.
- Connected Devices (IoT Technology) has the viable potential to reduce a hospital’s health system repair time by 50%.
Below are the most relevant trends in mobile healthcare that will shape the industry and make the patient/doctor relationship. One of ease, trust, and accessibility—one like we have never experienced before.
Interested in a healthcare mobile app? Contact us here.
Check Out Our Healthcare Mobile App Trends And Predictions For 2019:
#1 — Telemedicine Services
It is speculated that the Telemedicine industry will grow to over $40 billion by the year 2021, internationally. Telemedicine has already made a positive shift in how doctors and patients interact. Communication between the two is no longer confined to the geographical distance between them. Patients have also adopted this form of communication, citing that the financial benefits and ease make this a much better alternative to in–person clinic visits.
#2 — IoT in Healthcare
IoT (or The Internet of Things) has emerged as a strong trend for healthcare. Wearable technology and mobile fitness apps are everywhere, bringing minute–by–minute updates to consumers as they move through their day. Additionally, wearable technology is becoming even more advanced. Everyday people are now able to monitor their vitals on a more heightened and serious level. Even hospital personnel have begun using them in management of their administrative staff.
#3 — The Cloud
Cloud–based healthcare is changing the way we receive and share data records, making it easier for patients and medical providers alike. Moreover, ePrescriptions are also playing a major role in the cloud by eliminating tedious paperwork and wasted wait times. Bills and insurance plans are being shifted to a cloud–based system as well. This gives patients real–time access to important documents and creates a more streamlined commerce system for medical practices.
#4 — Blockchain
Blockchain technology serves as a bookkeeping platform or ledger that is incorruptible, enforces transparency, and bypasses censorship. The two major critical elements of mobile and digital healthcare are preservation of patient data and HIPAA compliance. The onset of Blockchain technology elevates these issues being misused and compromised. Blockchain’s safety measures are second to none. They will definitely become a huge part of the mHealth landscape as it grows.
#5 — Mobile Payments
As more and more industries adapt the mobile payment method, users will experience time–saving monetary tracking. This makes for smoother transactions without wasted point-of-sale terminal times and confusing billing terminals. Mobile payment options also give verification to payments made during odd hours or emergency situations.
The mobile and digital integration of the healthcare industry has begun. It‘s fast–pattern trajectory brings medical providers and patients a new level of trust, ease, and satisfaction.
Your medical practice needs to be in–line with these shifts and changes. This is necessary not only retain a professional, trustworthy reputation but also to face the security issues of the Protected Health Information (PHI) that you hold the key to. Bringing these trends of new healthcare technologies to light will help inform your practice, set goals for your mobile technology needs, and drive the right practices for you to build for your patient base.
Your Atlanta Healthcare Mobile App Company
Do you need a healthcare mobile app or have a healthcare mobile app idea? Our expert mobile app developers can create the iOS and Android medical mobile app of your dreams. From hospitals, medical professionals, service providers to the patient level, we understand the requirements for a mobile app used in the medical industry.
- Standards – Many health organizations are using medical mobile apps using HL7 standards to transfer Personal Health Information (PHI) in a predefined naming convention for each data field.
- Medical Records – A lot of hospitals, clinics, and doctor’s offices are creating mobile apps for the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) of patients. This gives patients quick access to medical records on their mobile device.
- App Security – Our developers understand how to comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) to protect PHI. We also understand that any patient–identifiable data in a medical or pharmaceutical mobile app needs to be handled with the utmost level of sensitivity.
We can help you create the healthcare mobile app to make your practice more convenient for both your organization and your patients. Contact us online, or call us today at (404) 835-7730 to discuss your healthcare mobile app needs!